Thailand, also known as the Land of Smiles, is a jewel of Southeast Asia. Developed enough to provide most comforts yet still wild enough to offer off-the-beaten path adventure, Thailand is a country ripe with opportunity for once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences. Whether you start with the world-class beaches in the south or the mountain villages in the north, Thailand will not disappoint.
- Railay Beach - Krabi province is home to some of Thailand's most famous beach destinations, and Railay is the cream of the crop. Widely considered one of the best beaches in the country, Railay delivers on promises of white sand beaches, clear blue water, and a feeling that you've found a slice of paradise. You have to take a boat to reach the island getaway, with services available from Krabi town and Ao Nang.
- Koh Phi Phi - The Phi Phi Islands, also in Krabi, are one of Thailand's most popular resort areas for a reason. Only Phi Phi Don is inhabited, with day trips available to the surrounding islands. One of the fun spots on Koh Phi Phi is Monkey Beach, where you'll come face-to-face, literally, with the namesake creatures.
- The Grand Palace, Bangkok - Even if your plans for Thailand mainly involve frolicking on a beach, cozying up to elephants, and eating as much Massaman curry and tom ka gai as humanly possible, you'll probably spend at least a day or two in Bangkok.
- Sunday Walking Street, Chiang Mai - Every Thailand visitor looks forward to cheap and delicious food, and it can be found in abundance at Chiang Mai's Sunday Night Walking Street.
- Pai - Thailand's reputation as a country of beautiful landscapes and friendly people is thanks largely to the world-renowned southern beaches. Most people don't realize that the vast north is also home to breathtaking landscapes, though these are of a different nature entirely.
- Khao Yai National Park - Elephants are revered in Thailand, and statues and paintings of them can be seen everywhere you go.
- Sukhothai Old City - his is a favorite stop for history buffs and photography enthusiasts, as there are many lovely photo ops in this ancient capital of Thailand.
- Historic City of Ayutthaya - Ayutthaya presents a glimpse into the glory of ancient Thailand, where visitors can wander the haunting but romantic ruins of the former capital.