South Africa is a country on the southernmost tip of the African continent, marked by several distinct ecosystems. Inland safari destination Kruger National Park is populated by big game.
- Cape Town & Cape Peninsula - Cape Town and the Cape Peninsula up to Cape Point, are famous for scenic beauty; celebrity beaches; Table Mountain; whale-watching; world-class shopping, nightlife, food & wine; and a laid-back atmosphere.
- The Winelands - Discover the joys of SA’s award-winning wines and cuisine along any of the beautiful Cape wine routes, taking you through green valleys and historic towns.
- Garden Route - Known as South Africa’s Eden, the famous Garden Route traverses an area rich in natural beauty and charm, attracting adventure-seekers and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Johannesburg - South Africa’s pulsating African heartbeat is felt in the ‘City of Gold’ with its endless opportunities for shopping, entertainment, freedom tours and eating out.
- Kruger National Park - This world-renowned park of nearly 2 million hectares features 16 ecosystems. Spot the Big Five on a 4x4 game drive or walking safari.
- Durban beachfront - For those with fun and sun on their minds, SA’s sunshine city has something for the whole family - golden beaches, surfing and a marine park.
- Robben Island - The island’s most famous prisoner, Nelson Mandela, has turned this institute of brutality into a symbol of the triumph of the human spirit over enormous hardship.
- Soweto - South Africa’s largest and most famous township was a hotbed of anti-apartheid activity. Visit Freedom Struggle sites and eat at a shebeen or township restaurant.