Phuket, a rainforested, mountainous island in the Andaman Sea, has some of Thailand’s most popular beaches, mostly situated along the clear waters of the western shore. The island is home to many high-end seaside resorts, spas and restaurants.
- Phang Nga Bay - This north-eastern peninsula is famous for its white and golden sand beaches that frame magnificent coastal scenery, forests perfect for days of exploration and other natural wonders. Start your visit in Thames, a small but picturesque city with a rich history of gold mining.
- Old Phuket Town - Hard to resist those old Sino-Portuguese streets with their beautiful shop houses and magnificent mansions. With many small cafes, bakeries and eateries along the way… it is perfect for a half day. Visit also the local markets near the bus station and explore the tiny streets here and there to discover some incredible abandoned mansions. Don’t miss the new Phuket Walking Street on Sunday!
- Prompthep cape viewpoint - Prompthep Cape is not as grand as you might expect but it still draws a crowd of tourists every single evening at sunset time. The location is high and at the very south of the island. It boasts nice views on the bays and the few islands around.
- Karon Viewpoint - From the Karon Viewpoint you really can see three magnificent bays : the closest and smallest one is Kata Noi Beach, then a bit further is the beautiful bay of Kata with its island ‘Koh Poo’ which means Crab Island, and in the far, the very long Karon Beach.
- Big Budhdha - The Big Buddha is a 45 meter tall white marble statue visible from anywhere in the southern part of Phuket and the views from up there are definitely breathtaking.
- Wat Shalong - Wat Chalong, built at the beginning on 19th century, is the largest and one of the most visited Buddhist temple in Phuket.
- Soi Bangla - Everyone should see it at least once. And unlike what most people believe, Soi Bangla is not ‘Sin City for Single Men’. It’s more of a colorful street full of life, restaurants, shops and bars and of course girls.
- Swimilan Iceland - The most impressive set of Island is without a doubt the Similan Island, but these are open at certain time of the year and a bit far. If you get a chance, you must absolutely go.