Maldives, or also called the Maldive Islands, is an island in the Indian Ocean that has 26 atolls. The island offers deep blue seas with great reefs, white sandy beaches, and diverse vegetation. It is basically a paradise, where people can spend long days to just unwind and relax. It is a great spot for diving, snorkeling or just exploring the waters with thousands of different fish swimming around the corals. These shores are always open to anyone, as it provides a tranquil haven for visitors. Here is a rundown of the best attractions and places to visit in the Maldives
- Utheemu Ganduvaru - It is a historical residence where Sultan Mohamed Thankurufaan lived. This historical site is located in Utheemu, which is an inhabited island in the north of Maldives. Mohamed Thankurufaan is considered one of the heroes of the Maldives, and earned high respects from the Maldivians for his heroic actions and for saving his people from the Portuguese conquerors.
- Biyadhoo Island Resort - It is one of the calm beaches of the Maldives, the Biyadhoo Island Resort. It is a peaceful resort and considered one of the best reef houses in the Maldives PADI Dive Center.
- Hukuru Miskiiy (Old Friday Mosque) - It is the Hukuru Miskiiy, also known as the Old Friday Mosque. It is the oldest mosque that can be found on the island. The interior of the mosque is superb, and its coral stone walls with carvings of different kinds of patterns and Arabic scripts is truly remarkable. It also houses tombs that have been erected for the memory of sultans, heroes and nobles.
- National Museum - Located at Male, the number seven spot is the National Musuem of Maldives. The building houses a lot of different kinds of historical artifacts that reflect the history of the country. The original museum was the old 3-story museum that is the only remaining part of the Maldivian Royal Palace.
- HP Reef - Let us go back to the amazing waters and reefs of the Maldives. If you are looking for diving sites, in the number 6 spot is the HP Reef, which is one of the best diving sites where you can explore different kinds of superb coral reef formations and colorful fish underwater. It is a marine protected area located at the North Male Atoll.
- Banana Reef - is the Banana Reef, which is the most sought out diving site in the Maldives. It is called Banana Reef because it has the shape of a banana that extends 300 meters from north to south. The major feature of the reef is its marine life, where you can find Napoleon Wrasse, Moray Eels and the rare Bannerfish.
- Phobjikha Valley, Phobjikha - Phobjikha is a small town in the central part of Bhutan. Like many other beautiful places to see in Bhutan, Phobjikha is bestowed with valleys and is surrounded by mountains and lush greenery. The place is known for its beautiful landscapes and passes and a day’s hike will take you through the town and the woods.
- Manta Point - Manta Point is a diving area where you can enjoy seeing large numbers of manta rays being fed and cleaned by wrasses. Manta rays circle several large coral rocks, and wait their turn to be cleaned.