Bali is an Indonesian island known for its forested volcanic mountains, iconic rice paddies, beaches and coral reefs. The island is home to religious sites such as cliffside Uluwatu Temple.
- Uluwatu Temple - Imagine a large rugged limestone cliff with a temple perched on it, almost like a scene from cliffhanger, to add to it’s dramatic grandeur.
- Pura Tanah Lot - Another majestic rock formation lays as a foundation of a popular pilgrimage temple, known as Pura Tanah Lot. It is most popular for its serenity and cultural significance as it is associated with the Balinese mythology as one of the seven temples that form a ring in the southwest of Bali.
- Pura Ulun Danu Bratan - Pura Ulun Danu Bratan is another must visit temple in Bali, where unlike the rest perching on the cliff rock, this one is serenely resting at the edge of Lake Bratan. Imagine beautifully structured temple with double the beauty due to its reflection on the clear lake.
- Dolphin sightings at Lovina - Lovina is one of the best place in Bali to make dolphin sighting boat trip. You will leave the beach at dawn to seek for the dolphins, though yes it may be quite crowded with other tourists trying to do the same especially during peak season, it is still well worth it when you find a school of dolphins happily jumping by.
- Ubud - Yes, despite that one might be trying to escape the “eat, pray, love” trail, Ubud is one place you cannot miss in your visit. It is still the heart of Bali, where all the action is and all the people and energy are focused on.
- Kuta Beach - Kuta is the most popular beach in Bali, which means you can be sure to find the life and party scene here in Kuta Beach. Head here if you are looking to socialize, party and have a good time. You can be sure to find a range of places for different atmosphere and budget, ranging from Hard Rock cafe to your neighborhood cafe and pub.
- Nusa Dua Beach - If you have a bit more of a budget to spare, splurge at Nusa Dua beach, where it is dotted with higher end hotels and resorts.
- Mount Batur - Up in a highland in East of Bali, there lies Mount Batur caldera in Kintamani. A climb to the summit (1700 meters) of this active volcano is a great experience for any active travelers.